Eligibility and Selection Criteria
CSIR-CENTRE FOR CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
NOTIFICATION NO. 3/2019
August 2019 Ph.D. Program
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. Degree. The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
A. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPLYING
Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy/Medicine may submit their applications online by 15-04-2019 through this LINK.
B. SELECTION PROCESS
- Online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be called for a computer-based written test at one of their preferred centers among the 19 test centers across the country on 05-05-2019.
- Candidates qualifying in the written test and having a valid FELLOWSHIP (by 05-05-2019)for pursuing Ph.D. will be shortlisted to appear for interview at the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad on 19-06-2019 (preliminary) and 20-06-2019 (final).
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CCMB, and the eligible fellowships are:
- Any National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing Ph.D.
- Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- Candidates qualifying both preliminary and the final interview will be selected for pursuing a Ph.D. at CCMB.
- If fellowship result is AWAITED, the candidate can UPDATE fellowship status by 03-05-2019.
- The fellowship MUST be valid till the time of joining (August 2019).
- Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination or the M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm candidates with GATE/GPAT will not be shortlisted for interview.
- Candidates will have to make their own arrangements for travel, stay, etc. at the examination centre and/or in Hyderabad for interviews. Travelling allowance is not payable by CCMB.
- Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of CCMB in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
- For inquiries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission for Research Scholars Program â€“ I â€“2019
The CDFD (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts basic research in the frontier areas of modern biology.
The current research themes include:
Molecular Microbiology, Computational & Structural Biology, Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Genetics and Epigenetics, Cell Signalling, Molecular and Cellular biology, Molecular Pathogenesis.
(The details are listed on our website www.cdfd.org.in)
We invite applications from highly motivated candidates, willing to take up challenges in modern biology, for admissions to our Research Scholars program beginning July/August 2019. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we especially encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply. Those admitted as Research Scholars would be encouraged to apply for the Ph.D. program of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, University of Hyderabad, Regional Centre of Biotechnology or AcSIR.
To be eligible all the candidates must have:
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture from a recognized University/ Institute OR MBBS. Candidates who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply.
- Qualified CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE NET JRF / BINC / JEST / UGC – RGNF or any other similar examination with fellowship. Candidates having qualified for the Project – JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme/ [which is only for a period of two years] / DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree /DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list are NOT eligible to apply.
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CDFD.
- If a candidate’s fellowship result is AWAITED, the candidate can UPDATE the fellowship status by 03.05.2019.
- Note that having a fellowship is not mandatory for applying and writing the test, BUT, only candidates with a valid fellowship will be shortlisted for interview.
- Candidates with LS-NET qualification only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.