Online registration for CCMB’s Temporary Project Staff Recruitment
CSIR-CCMB is a premier constituent research Institute of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), conducting research in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in frontier areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
CSIR-CCMB is inviting applications for filling various temporary staff positions to work on various funded projects. Applicants would be screened through a national level entrance test followed by interview of a select number of applicants based on merit list. The successful candidates would be empanelled for recruitment into various projects. Details of the procedure and guidelines are accessible through links provided on the left-hand side of the screen.
For any information not accessible through the descriptions, please contact email@example.com.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR ENGAGEMENT OF PROJECT STAFF
- The positions of Project Staff are purely Temporary and on Contract basis under the externally funded/sponsored/Network/other project undertaken by CSIR-CCMB and is co-terminus with the project’s tenure.
- The selection of the candidates would be based on their performance in a national level entrance test followed by interview of a select number of students to be held at CSIR-CCMB. A panel of suitable students would be generated after the interview. The validity of this panel would be for a period of maximum One Year.
- Empanelment does not provide automatic guarantee of engagement
- Candidates who have completed their degree with requisite educational qualifications only need to apply.
- The engagement under project does not confer any right/claim whatsoever, either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee, for regular appointment in CSIR /CCMB, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent.
- Age limit will be reckoned as on the date of interview. Age limit shall be relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Women candidates as per Government of India / CSIR orders.
- All the communication regarding the call for interview will be only through electronic mode (through: E-Mail/Mobile).
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for appearing for the written test and interview.
- The terms and conditions of engagement of Project Staff may be amended from time to time.
- Offer engagement could be given for short duration, i.e. 3 months/ 6 months/1 year, which may be extended further on the recommendations of the PI based on the requirement, up to the tenure of the Project.
- The maximum duration for which Project Staff could be engaged in different projects taken together, will be 5 years.
- The performance of Project Staff would be reviewed periodically so that candidates not found up to the mark, could be replaced.
- A possibility of continuing as a CCMB Ph.D. student exists for very bright and committed Project JRF/SRF by nomination through Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR), however, the candidate is expected to meet the high standards of CSIR-CCMB’s research program and preferably possess a fellowship such as CSIR-UGC NET or equivalent. It should be noted that mere selection and engagement as a Project staff does not automatically qualify a candidate’s entry into CSIR-CCMB’s Ph. D. program.
- Project Staff will be provided OPD medical facilities through CSIR-CCMB Dispensary for self only.
- Project Staff will be entitled for one day’s leave for each completed month’s service. However, in extra-ordinary circumstances Principal Investigator of the Project and/or Director, CSIR-CCMB may provide relaxation in the rules considering the exigency.