Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on ET-2017-18
1. What is this online application?
In order to speed up the process of issue of Hall Ticket etc., the CUG has created a simple online form filling- which will not take more than few minutes. Once it is filled, the candidate gets his Application number which is the only reference. He / she can make the payment through online (debit / credit card / net banking). After making the payment candidate will get the acknowledgement which needs to be produced in case of any clarifications or during admission process.
2. Can I apply offline?
No, only online application will be accepted.
3. Should I send in the hard copy of the Acknowledgement?
No, acknowledgement form carries the information entered by the candidate into the online application form. This will be treated as the acknowledgement for the online registration. The acknowledgement is needed during the admission process which will commence after the entrance examination.
4. Can I chose any test places?
CUG has selected 35 test centers across India. Student is allowed to select three places. He / she will be allotted any one of the places for taking entrance test.
5. How many courses can I opt for entrance test?
Candidates can apply for maximum of three courses of her / his choice provided they meet the minimum eligibility criteria. Before opting, candidate should see the schedule of entrance test in the Prospectus and ensure that there is no clash in the courses opted for (the three courses should not fall in the same session).
6. What are the subjects and degrees offered at CUG?
List of courses offered during 2017-18 academic session are available on our admission webpage and the prospectus.
7. Are all the courses offered by the University recognised by the UGC?
8. What is the medium of instruction?
The medium of online entrance test as well as teaching and research at Central University of Gujarat is English except in the language courses.
10. Can visually-challenged candidates bring a writer at entrance test?
Yes, visually-challenged candidates can take assistance of a writer who shall be one degree programme lower than the one in which candidate is applying.
11. Will visually-challenged candidates get additional time for completing the test?
Yes, visually-challenged candidates will get additional 30 minutes.
12. Is financial aid/scholarship available for M.A. / M.Sc. or M.Phil./ Ph.D. programmes?
At present, scholarship is not available for M.A./M.Sc. programmes. For M.Phil.-Ph.D. programmes, UGC non-NET fellowship is available for candidates selected for admission. The UGC non-NET fellowship amount for the M.Phil. programme is Rs 5000/- and for the PhD programme Rs.8000/- per month.
13. What is the minimum qualifying marks in the entrance test for admission in post-graduate (M.A./M.Sc.) and M.Phil.-Ph.D. courses?
Minimum qualifying marks is decided after entrance test by each Centre and is based on number of seats available in a particular programme
14. What is the reservation policy?
The University follows the reservation policies of the Government of India/UGC as issued and amended from time to time. Seat reservation for SC-15%; ST-7.5%; OBC-27%; PWD - 3%. For Kashmiri Migrant students: increase in intake capacity up to 5% - course wise (as per Government rules).
15. What is the fee structure for various courses offered at CUG?
Fee structure for various courses is available in the Prospectus. You can view/download Prospectus on our admission webpage
16. Is there a limit of number of students who can be admitted for a particular course?
Number of seats are limited for each course offered by CUG. Seat intake and eligibility for each course is given in the Prospectus. You can view/download Prospectus on our website.
17. Do I need to have an interview as an essential part of the admission process in M.A./M.Sc. programme?
No. List of selected candidates shall be published on the website and those candidates can directly take the admission.
18. Do I need to have an interview as an essential part of the admission process in integrated M.Phil-Ph.D programme?
19. What are tentative dates for interviews in M.Phil.-Ph.D. programmes?
Tentatively it is third week of July 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be published on our website.
20. How do I receive my admit card/hall-ticket?
Facility to download admit card/ hall-ticket from our website will be available once application process is over.
21.Is there a waiting list?
Will depend on availability of seats.
22. Is hostel accommodation available?
Since CUG is operating from temporary campus, hostel facility is very limited. CUG may not be in a position to allot hostel immediately. Students can also avail private accommodation on a shared basis in the city of Gandhinagar.
23. Is there any medical facility available in the University campus?
Government medical facility is available adjacent to the University Campus where the students can avail of medical help during medical hours. In addition, the Government Civil Hospital is located near the University. The University also has a medical consultant whose services are available to students on subsidized rates.
24. What will be the syllabus for entrance test?
Details of syllabus and sample questions are available on the admission webpage.
25. What will be the pattern of entrance test?
The CUG entrance test will be conducted online for all courses. The test will be of two-hour duration consisting of 100 objective type questions. Each question carries one mark. There will be no negative marking.
26. Are CSIR/UGC (NET/JRF) qualified candidates exempted from entrance test?
CSIR/UGC (NET/JRF) candidates for M.Phil.-Ph.D. Integrated and Ph.D. programme will have to apply. However, these candidates need not appear for the entrance test. They will be directly called for the interview.
27. Are M.Phil. qualified candidates are exempted from entrance test for Ph.D programme
Candidates who have passed the M. Phil. programme with course work recognised by the U.G.C., as per the UGC Regulations (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree, 2009), shall be exempted from the written test. However, they are also required to apply online for admission to relevant courses in the University.
28. Will the University reimburse for train/bus fare for those appearing for interview for admission to M.Phil.-Ph.D. programme?
SC/ST and PWD Candidates called for interviews for admission to M.Phil.-Ph.D. programmes will be paid second class rail/bus fare by non-AC, non-deluxe government transport, both ways, by shortest route from the place from where they are called for interview i.e. mailing address given in the Application Form, on production of valid train/bus tickets.
29.Will I be allotted Centre of my choice for entrance test?
Allotment of Centres will be based on choice given by applicants. However, the University reserves its rights to change/cancel or retain any of the centres announced.
30. Will I get to see a preview of the application form before submission?
Yes, once the application details are entered and submit, the system will preview the details once again for modifications. After the final submission candidate is not allowed to modify the application.
31. Can I make changes in the application form after submission?
No, once the final submission is made, candidate is not allowed to modify the application. Also, candidate is not allowed to submit another application. Candidate needs to send a mail to technical help desk email in case of any clarifications.
32. If I do not make the payment after submitting the application form, can I make it afterwards?
Yes, after the final submission candidate will get the application number. Through the application number she / he can make the payment any time before the last date for submission.
33. If I am making the payment afterwards, will I get to edit my application form or see the preview?
No. Modification is not possible after the final submission but you can print the application.
34. After submitting the application form and making payment, can I edit my form?
No. Modification is not possible after the final submission.
35. For candidates exempted from entrance test fee, when will their form be treated complete?
Acknowledgement is generated only for the candidates who make the payment or even for whom entrance fee is exempted.